HomeownershipSF helps diverse and underserved households achieve and sustain homeownership in San Francisco through a coordinated network of member organizations.
HomeownershipSF was founded in 2009 and is currently comprised of five local nonprofit housing organizations:
- ASIAN, Inc.
- Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA)
- San Francisco Housing Development Corporation (SFHDC) and
- San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center (SFLGBT Center)
All of its member agencies specialize in homeownership services and are approved by the San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) to provide the homebuyer education class and one-on-one counseling session required in order to benefit from all of MOHCD's first-time homebuyer programs.
Shannon is dedicated to empowerment through financial education. She ran a successful real estate business for ten years where she offered free community classes on money management, real estate investment and navigating local homebuyer assistance programs. She transitioned into the non profit sector in 2011 to expand her role as an advocate for affordable housing and help increase access to financial resources for low and moderate income Bay Area residents. Shannon played an integral role in developing the SF LGBT Community Center's First Time Homebuyer Program. She provided individual homebuyer and credit counseling, lead workshops for future home owners, and administrated Lending Circles- a credit building micro loan made in partnership with Mission Asset Fund. Shannon served as Secretary on the Homeownership SF Board of Directors from 2011-2013, and on the Oakland Affordable Housing Task Force in 2007.
Catalina is truly committed to financial education as a lever for social mobility. She is passionate about making a real impact in the lives of economically disadvantaged people. She is particularly enthusiastic about innovative and alternative financial products for distressed and marginalized families. She has worked in the real estate and mortgage industry, where she helped many families achieve the dream of owning their own home while using that opportunity to educate those families. She also has an extensive background in financial education in the nonprofit sector. She has impacted the lives of over 2,500 families by providing counseling and support in English and Spanish in areas such as: budgeting, foreclosure prevention, post modification, pre home purchase and post home purchase.
Funding Partners and Supporters of HomeownershipSF
- Bank of America
- Fidelity National Financial
- JP Morgan Chase
- NeighborWorks America
- San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing/CDBG
- San Francisco Foundation
- US Bank
- Walter and Elise Haas Fund
- Wells Fargo
Esteemed HomeownershipSF Board Members
- Rafael O. Morales, Silicon Valley Community Foundation (Chairman)
- Elmar Aslami, JP Morgan Chase (Vice-Chairman)
- Alex Nerguzian, MEDA Community Representative (Treasurer)
- Sheri Powers, SFHDC (Corresponding Secretary)
- Juan Diego Castro, MEDA (Recording Secretary)
- Kathryn Davis, BALANCE
- Nobby Cheng, ASIAN Inc.
- Emma Biggs, Asian Inc. ASIAN Inc. Community Representative
- Clair Farley, SF LGBT Center Community Center
- Katy Fitzsimmons, Wells Fargo
- Keith Rockmael, Bay Area Resource
- Sasha Werblin, Green Lining Institute