HomeownershipSF is hiring for a Program Coordinator
Organization: Founded in 2009, HomeownershipSF (HSF) helps diverse and underserved households access the asset building potential of homeownership through education, counseling and connection to City assistance programs. HSF provides resources and services through our coordinated network of nonprofit agencies, and advocates for affordable homeownership opportunities on behalf of San Francisco’s low to moderate income families and individuals.
The Program Coordinator provides support for HomeownershipSF’s programs and services which include: First Time Homebuyer Education, Homeowner Education/ Foreclosure Prevention Services, and our annual Housing Expo. Program Coordinator adds capacity to a few different programs. Successful applicants must be able to track multiple tasks and work both independently, and as a team.
Reports to: Program Manager
- Event Support: Exhibitor communication, community outreach, registration and other tasks to support Program Manager with public events, including the annual Housing Expo.
- Partner Communication: Coordinate with member organizations and other nonprofit organizations to support regular meetings, and client referrals.
- Data Collection: Record keeping for grant reporting and project development.
- Marketing and Outreach: Assist in the development and distribution of marketing and outreach materials. Lead volunteer outreach campaigns for new programs and ongoing housing services.
- HOA Outreach: Help build relationships with local Home Owners Associations (HOA) to increase home owner participation and promote services.
- Website and Social Media: Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on workshops, new homes, news articles, and community events on our website and social media platforms. Continue to increase the number of Facebook fans and website traffic. Create content to promote HSF events, programs and services.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work.
- High school diploma.
- Intermediate computer skills and understanding of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience maintaining web sites and social media pages.
- Good written and verbal communication. Fluent in Chinese/Cantonese or Tagalog is preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Photoshop is preferred, but not required.
- Creative, practical and strategic problem solving skills.
- Interest and ability to work in diverse collaborations, and provide culturally competent services to many different populations and neighborhoods in San Francisco.
- Willingness to work some evenings and flexible hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and type. Occasionally the employee is required to climb, balance and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Full time position. Compensation DOE, $42,000- $48,000 annually. Medical, dental benefits and paid vacation time is provided.
Homeownership SF is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran and military status, marital status, domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in any employment decision.