Attend a free 2-hour orientation to learn if you are eligible for the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) homebuyer programs and decide if you want to move forward with the remaining homebuyer education. The orientation provides an overview of affordable city programs, including eligibility requirements and the application process.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What homebuyer programs are available in San Francisco, including Below Market Rate (BMR) units, Down Payment Assistance Loan Program, and more!
- Program Requirements and Eligibility
- Income Calculation
- Loan requirements
- Lottery Preferences
- How to apply
10 hours of First Time Homebuyer Education requirement to be completed in sequential order (https://sfmohcd.org/affordable-homebuyer-programs). To apply for San Francisco First Time Homebuyer programs:
Step 1: 2-Hour MOHCD Homebuyer Program Orientation
Step 2: 6-hour First Time Homebuyer Workshop/s which may be taken as series or online.
Step 3: 2-hour individual counseling session (to be scheduled with the organization that provided your First Time Homebuyer Workshop/s)
The 10 hours of First Time Homebuyer Education requirement does not apply to:
- Buyers who have already received a current and valid Verification of Homebuyer Education Completion
- Buyers who have completed the 6-hour First Time Homebuyer workshop/s prior to August 1, 2019. If you fall into this category, you will have 12 months to obtain a Verification of Homebuyer Education Completion.
Please read the following instructions and requirements carefully before you register for this MOHCD Homebuyer Program Orientation Webinar:
- You must use your legal name, as shown on your CA ID or Driver’s License on both registration forms (Eventbrite and Family Income Verification Form) as well as when joining the webinar via Zoom.
- You must register with your own email address. Please use the same email address on both registration forms (Eventbrite and Family Income Verification Form) as well as when joining the webinar via Zoom.
- You must be logged into your own device and participate for the duration of the orientation. Due to testing during the orientation, only one person per device is able to participate. Participants can attend on a computer or mobile device.
- You must join the webinar on time, and be ready for the presentation. Please note: If you join the Webinar room later than 15 minutes after the start time, you are welcome to attend the orientation, but you will not receive credit and will need to attend again to complete this Orientation education requirement.
- To receive attendance credit: you must submit the Income Verification Form and you must complete the tests and pop quizzes within the webinar.
- After the orientation, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your Family Income Verification form, and that you successfully completed the orientation.